Bali Day 03 Nusa Dua


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
February 13th 2012
Published: February 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a rather relaxing day. In the morning we had a swim and a laze around the pool for couple of hours before lunch.

We then went for a walk along the beach boardwalk, really a paved path, towards Kuta. This was a really nice walk and surprisingly we were not hassled by vendors. There were a few, but a shake of the head and they accepted it quite well.

Our intention was to get a massage and we went to place called Melasti Spa. We had a one hour massage which they called a Melasti massage, a combination of Balinese, Swedish and Shiatsu techniques. How can someone so small inflict such pain? The massage was great and we will be going back there again. It only cost Rp115,000 or about $12. Such good value.

We then came back to the hotel and had a lovely lunch on the boardwalk overlooking the beach, where for the first time since we arrived there was some surf breaks.

Tonight we went to the theatre courtesy of Shawn, Sophie and Evengeline. They have bought us tickets for a cultural performance for our anniversary present.

The show, at the Nusa Nua Theatre, is called Devdan, Treasure of the Archipelago. It features dance and music from five different areas of Indonesia. They are Bali, Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Papua. The dances are spectacular and there are a couple of aerial acrobats that are quite brilliant. A highly recommended show and thanks for the tickets.

There is a shopping village in the Nusa Dua complex and we went there after the show for photographs with some of the cast. We ending up talking to an American gentleman afterwards and we were saying that there needed to be merchandising available such as programmes and DVDs. It just so happened he was the Director of Production and he found us a pack with a promo DVD and coffee mugs. Thanks Jeffrey.

After a drink at the bar, we then came back to Kuta and went to restaurant just down the road from the hotel. This was at 10.30 and we ordered our meals and when they came out we could have ordered just one for the two of us. The servings were huge and neither of us could finish our meal. I think the wait staff were concerned because we left so much but we explained it was just too much food.

The end of another good and so to tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb