Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
December 13th 2012
Published: December 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello - us again!



Despite a delayed entry into Bali, we had an incredible time. Loving the heat as we got off the plane, our taxi journey proved rather chaotic - apparently its normal to have 4 cars across 2 lanes with mopeds going either way all around us. Georgia did not believe we would actually arrive at the hotel. But we did.



The hotel was so lovely (thank you mummy sue!) and did great breakfasts - not that Max would know, sleeping in until 2 one day! Sophie and Georgia on the other hand, took full advantage of it as we couldn't afford to eat for the rest of the day. The pool was great with little islands and bridges on it. We spent most of the day there recovering from nights out in Kuta and topping up our ever developing tans.



On Sunday, we decided to be really cultural *sarcasm* and went to the georgous sands of Kuta beach, watching the enormous waves roll in and the sun go down - a really great evening topped off by a delicious traditional meal out.



Not our only trip to the beach, one night we witnessed a massive lightning storm out at sea, and we twice visited the more eclectic Sanur beach. Max and Sophie even ventured into a temple - Georgia slept and watched Disney channel.



Ahead of our rather extended flight to Melbourne, we met loads of Aussies on nights out, and discovered, sometimes awkwardly, that they often don't share a British sense of humour. One guy even told us he found it an achievement to have not sneezed in Bali (yeh, we are not sure either).



However our enjoyment became short lived when we discovered at 3am that our flight to Melbourne leaving at 1pm the same day was cancelled - a very merry Sophie turned rather sour. Although, being capable people, we managed to book a flight to Sydney (all flights to Melbourne were booked up until after xmas) then another to Melbourne, arriving only a day later than planned. The flight went via Singapore and Jez (Sophie's dad) took us out for an amazing meal in a very unique restaurant (japenese-French fusion oooooo). Naturally, after three flights and three cities in as many days, we were delighted to meet up with Rachel Williams who very kindly drove us to our apartment before we went straight to bed.



Awake now and in a much less shattered state we cannot wait to go out and explore Melbourne!



Muchos love

mwah mwah

gsm


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th December 2012

Bali
Sounds like you are all having such a great time. Enjoy. Jane xx
13th December 2012

You silly people, missing all your flights!
13th December 2012

Bali
Lovely to hear more news from you all - no surprise Max sleeping til 2, especially without me to go and wake him up! Bali sounds a super spot, can't wait to visit one day. Hope Melbourne is fun, and thanks again for keeping us updated with your Blog, really enjoy reading it. Mwah mwah back xx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb