Bali Day 01


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
February 11th 2012
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had a great start to our holiday. The gods and wind were on our side today and we flew straight to Bali without having to stop for refuelling in Darwin. In the end we arrived about 2 hours earlier than expected.



On arrival at Bali we cleared customs and of course, because we were so early our lift was not there. In the end we decided to get a cab to the hotel. It nearly broke the bank costing the grand sum of Rp50,000 or $5.



We checked into the hotel and we got our ground floor room as requested which opens up into beautiful tropical gardens and the three pools. The gardens lead down to the pool area and then onto the beach with the boardwalk running along the beach to Kuta itself.



It is very humid here yet only 29 degrees. We had a drink at the Boardwalk Café and headed back to the room to get organised to go for a walk.



We first went next door to Discovery Plaza, this is a recently built, about 5 years old, shopping centre right on the beach. We spent a little over and hour in there having a good look around, mainly browsing, and then headed off south towards the airport. Like most Asian countries, we were asked many times if we needed a taxi but declined. We walked about 500 metres and then walked back from whence we came and then more to Kuta Square.



After having a look around this area we went and had dinner at a very nice Chinese Restaurant which had a band playing. Authentic Chinese is soo good. Bintang and Bali Hai beer tastes pretty good when it’s hot and humid.



We are now exhausted after a long day, so to bed and tomorrow evening we are off to Jimbaran to have a romantic seafood sunset dinner watching the setting sun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb