Bali Day 1


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
December 8th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Summary: Denpasar Airport to Kuta.
Fat Yogi Hotel.
Mamas German Restaurant.

We arrived in Bali at 11pm Saturday night, November 21st 2009. The airport is not appealing, and the humidity hit us immediately. We got through customs, quite quickly and made it to the cab station outside. We got a cab to Kuta, Poppies Lane I, to our pre-booked hotel. We booked the hotel for one night only, and we were glad as Kuta and South Bali region is not our scene.

We arrived at Poppies Lane, which is a small creepy alley in the middle of the night. We checked into Fat Yogi Hotel. It was descent, clean at least. With a balcony, and large shower with hot water. No A.C, but a sufficient fan.

We went to a nearby wartel to use the phone, I called my family to let them know we arrived safely. We asked the local running the place for a recommendation to good food. It was already about midnight and we didn want to explore much. He sent us to Mamas german restaurant on the main drag in Kuta.

Kuta at midnight on Saturday is not our scene at all, not exactly where we wanted to be, but we were in bali! Nightclubs poured onto the street and restaurants were pretty quiet. Cars were piling up in the roads, and people were belligerent. It felt like an Australian- humid vegas, but a little more gritty.

We ate a descent meal, it hit the spot after two airplane meals. Chicken satay with a variety of dips and rice and veggies. Jonah had a marinated half chicken and fries. Also a cold beer.

We finished our meal, took in our first night in Kuta, and walked to the hotel. It was very humid because it had rained while we were eating. But it was kind of refreshing after a whole day in airports and planes.

We slept well, and the hotel was descent, comfortable and clean.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb