Grand Bali Hyatt and Kuta


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
February 1st 2007
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We visited the other Hyatt hotel, the Grand Bali Hyatt on the hotel courtesy bus. Patterned after a Balinese Water Palace, set amidst lagoons, landscaped gardens and six swimming pools surrounding low-rise Balinese buildings, the resort is situated on the Nusa Dua peninsula in Southern Bali’s luxurious resort development, close to Sanur, Kuta and Denpasar. This hotel was newer, much larger and grander than our hotel. We stayed for the afternoon, and then moved on to Kuta. (I preferred Bali Hyatt out of the two; it was cosier and much friendlier.)

Kuta

This is Bali's most developed area, a popular spot for budget travellers and a long time favourite for weekend vacationers from nearby Australia. It's also where Abu Sayef chose to attack the island on the night of October 12, 2002, and, though it is again brimming with tourists, memories of that day are still fresh. The men weren’t at all worried, but the ladies felt very unsettled and couldn’t wait to get out of the place. It was dusk when we arrived, so we walked along the beach and it went dark rather quickly.
Kuta is made up of narrow streets and alleys, and pedestrians share space with honking, muffler less cars and motorbikes. The town however boasts some of the best nightlife and dining on the island, but we stayed for a meal than headed back to our idea of heaven, Bali Hyatt. We settled in the piano bar yet again, testing out some more cocktails.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb