Day 1!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Denpasar
August 12th 2009
Published: August 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are in Bali!!




This last 5 hour flight was a breeze compared to our 13 1/2 hour flight. We were able to sleep some more and give our bodies some more rest. After a pretty long line to get through customs, we were greeted by our driver from our resort holding a sign with our names on it. The drive from the airport to the hotel was a short distance but took a little bit of time due to all the traffic!! There are scooters everywhere and people, the road signs and markings don't really mean much to the drivers! Honking the horn seems like second nature to all the drivers here.
After about 20 min we arrived at the Jamahal Resort in Jimbaran Bay. Wow! This place is awesome. It is hidden off of a busy street and as soon as you turn into the resort there is a huge change in atmosphere. The driver dropped us off at the entrance and said to go in and they would bring our luggage. We were greeted in the reception area with flower leis made of a local flower called frangipani, they smelled AMAZING!!! A lady named Suci said that all check-in procedures were completed in our villa so we followed her down a very very pretty path filled with greenery and exotic flowers to our own private villa. There is a enormous white orchid right in front of the door and as we entered we smelled incense in the air and saw our pool surrounded by river rocks and our villa with rich dark hardwood floors.
We got freshened up and wanted to go watch the sunset on the beach (which is only a short 5 min walk away from our resort). There is a guard at the front gate who gets out and stops traffic for you just to cross the street. Once we got there we saw a local soccer team of small boys having a game on the beach. It was so cute to watch these little guys go. We took a small walk along the shore and started feeling hungry so we decided to head back and get some dinner.
They bring all meals (if you wish, which we did) to your villa so you can dine privately. Dinner was AMAZING!
We started unpacking a little and were pretty much exhausted so we went to bed, we had to be up early for our full day.

We have so many pictures we would love to share but for some reason the pictures are not uploading correctly on the website. Please pray that we get it figured out so we can share them with you all!

Love you guys!!!

Tayyaba and Alan



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



13th August 2009

Wow
Cool pics keep them coming.! Glad your finally there! Love ya'll, Laurie
13th August 2009

Love you all very much.
Asslam-o-Alaikum wa rehmatullah, Today last batch of guest are gone. Kamal and Alia left for Houston and Aisha left for Toronto. It is pretty quite after all the fun. Hope you guys are having fun, enjoy enjoy enjoy. Remember to pray every day. We are keeping you in our prayer with every breath we take. Love you very much. Abu Jee
14th August 2009

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I"M JEALOUS. LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING AN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME. PICTURES ARE GREAT! KEEP THEM COMING. PLEASE REMEMBER TO REST A LITTLE ALTHOUGH I KNOW IT IS HARD WITH ALL THE SCENERY AND EXCITEMENT. LOVE UNCLE JOEY

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb