Itinerary of Palace on Wheels India Train


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
August 5th 2016
Published: August 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Out of all luxury trains in India, the most magical one is the Palace on Wheels. Just like most of the other Indian luxury train, the Palace on Wheels has an itinerary that spreads for seven nights and eight days. This article will talk in detail about the tour of Palace on Wheels.

With many luxury trains, India becomes easier to span and enjoy. The Palace on Wheels takes you to Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur and Agra. The tour starts and ends in New Delhi.

Day 1

Every trip of Palace on Wheels train starts on a Wednesday. By 6:30 in the evening, the train starts from Safdarjung Railway Station in Delhi after a red carpet welcome to the travellers. The dinner is served on-board.

Day 2

The train reaches Jaipur very early in the morning. After breakfast, tourists would be taken for sightseeing in Jaipur visiting important monuments like Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Amber Fort and many others. Dinner is served on board.

Day 3

Train reached Sawai Madhopur in the morning. Before breakfast, the tourists are taken for a safari in Ranthambore National park. The train starts towards Chittorgarh on the same day. The afternoon is dedicated for enjoying the amenities inside the train. By 4 in the evening, the train reaches Chittorgarh and tourists are taken to Chittorgarh fort and a sound and light show. Dinner is served on-board.

Day 4

Train reaches Udaipur and after breakfast, tourists are taken to various destinations like City Palace, Palace Hotel, Lake Pichola and others. The train leaves to Jaisalmer by early evening and the rest of the day is for enjoying the amenities inside the train. Dinner is served on-board.

Day 5

The train enters Jaisalmer by morning. After breakfast, sightseeing in Jaisalmer starts. By evening, tourists would be taken for a camel ride in sand dunes and a cultural program in the desert. The tourists would return to the train for a late dinner and overnight stay.

Day 6

The train reached Jodhpur and after breakfast, tourists are taken for sightseeing. Lunch is served in a resort in Jodhpur. The train starts its journey towards the next destination by early evening and the rest of the day is spent inside train.

Day 7

The train reaches Bharatpur and tourists are taken to an early bird watching session. After safari, breakfast is served on train as the train moves towards Agra. In Agra, tourists are taken to Taj Mahal after lunch in any luxurious hotel. In the evening, after the sound and light show, the tourists are taken back to the train for dinner.

Day 8

The train ends its journey in Delhi early in the morning. After breakfast and other formalities, the tourists bid farewell to the excursion and take their trip to the next part of their holiday.

Above mentioned Palace on Wheels Itinerary will help you to explore the most fascinating destinations of North India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb