A Fairy Tale Journey to Rajasthan on Palace on Wheels


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
May 6th 2016
Published: May 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Rajasthan is a land of kings and queens and incredible with architectural masterpieces, lip smacking delicacies and beautiful handicrafts and dresses. Embark on Palace on Wheels, India’s luxurious train to experience the regal lifestyle of Rajasthan.

Why Palace on Wheels?

Palace on Wheels offers you the ultimate pleasure of travelling. It comes with 14 air conditioned coaches, which offers you the comfort of home and world class amenities. These royal suites are equipped with


• Attached washrooms
• Channel music system
• Intercom
• Wall to wall carpeting
• Round the clock attendants (known askhidmatgars)
• Mini pantry
• Lounge


Palace on Wheels comes with two stunning restaurants, the Maharaja and the Maharani. Relish authentic Rajasthani cuisines along with Chinese and continental dishes, prepared by expert cooks in classic ambience. After a long day tour you may relax with friends with the high quality drinks of the bar or spend some moments of solitude at the library.

To keep the tourists refreshed throughout the journey, the Palace on Wheels also arranges spa massages at premium hotels of Rajasthan.

Which Destinations Are Covered?

Palace on Wheels begins its journey from the capital city of India, New Delhi. The tourists are welcomed at the Safdarjung Railway station in a traditional way with garlands and tilak.

The train then chugs off to Jaipur, the Pink city of Rajasthan. This colorful city is known for its majestic forts, like the Amer Fort. Ride on the hilltop to the fort on a decked up elephant like a Rajput warrior. While the 983 balconied Palace of Winds keeps you awestruck, the museum of City Palace brings you the belongings of the royal family, old coins, weapons and armors.

Palace on Wheels also takes you to the famous Ranthambore National Park, located at Sawai madhopur district. This dense forest region is the best place in the country to see tigers, strolling and hunting, paying no heed to the presence of human beings. After spending time amidst the rich flora and fauna of the park, you next head to Chittorgarh. This heritage city with the great Chittorgarh Fort narrates the gallant tales of Rajput heroes.

Palace on Wheels takes you next to the Lake City of Udaipur. While boat rides over the crystalline waters of Lake Pichola is a lifetime experience, the blended architectural style of the City Palace exhibits the passion of the Rajasthan royals for art and craft.

Jaisalmer, the city of the golden Jaisalmer Fort is your next destination. Witness the real life of Rajasthan at the old lanes of the fort or shop the delicate mirror worked apparels, pattu shawls, beautifully designed wooden boxes and curios from the shops.

The Sun City of Jodhpur lies at the edge of the Thar Desert and hence is the best place to enjoy fun rides over camels or to enjoy folk song and dance at the camps of Sam sand dunes.

The last part of Rajasthan that you visit on palace on Wheels is the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary. As you enter the park, the melodious tweets of egrets, herons, Siberian cranes, water fowls, kingfishers and many more greet you.

Your dream journey on Palace on Wheels, India’s luxurious train ends with a visit to Agra, the city of Taj Mahal, which is considered as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. While the white marble structure of Taj Mahal enthralls tourists with its sublime beauty, the city is also studded with other gems of Mughal architecture.

Hence turn the golden pages of Rajasthan this vacation with Palace on Wheels, India’s luxurious train.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb