Special Discounts on Air India Flight Booking


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
June 9th 2016
Published: June 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Air India is the national carrier and the oldest airline, currently in operation in the country. It provides connectivity to passengers, aspiring to travel to or from cities within India and abroad. While most people are charged full fares, there are discounts on offer for certain special categories of adult passengers. These discounts on Air Indiaflight booking are offered in keeping with the special conditions and status of those flyers. Below are the details of who all are eligible for such concessions in airfare.

Armed Forces Personnel

Armed and paramilitary forces personnel can avail a 50 per cent discount on the basic fare on certain classes on all domestic flights of the carrier. This is also applicable for their spouse, dependent children (12-26 years) and dependent parents. For children between 2-11 years old, the child fare is applicable without additional discounts. Infants up to 2 years old get a reduction of INR 1000; only one infant is eligible. Travelers are required to show their official ID card during check-in, whereas for dependent parents, the dependent cards need to be produced.

It can further be noted that the highest bravery award winners, including the winners of post-Independence and the pre-Independence awards, are given 75 per cent concession on the base price.

Visually Challenged People

Residents of India, who have no sight shall pay only half the flight tickets basic fare for travelling on any domestic or the India-Nepal sector. They are required to produce a certificate from an eye hospital, stating that they cannot see with both eyes.

Cancer Patients

Indians, who have been diagnosed with cancer and are flying for the purpose of treatment on the India-Nepal or domestic sector, receive a 50 per cent concession in Economy Class. An application along with a certificate from a cancer hospital or institute must be shown during check-in.

Senior Citizens

Citizens of more than 63 years of age on the date of the journey have to pay only half the money for flying in the lowest cabin class. They must be an Indian national and carry a valid birth certificate with photo, on board.

Students

Students in the age group of 12-25 on the journey date get a 50 per cent discount on Air India flight booking. They must be enrolled in an educational establishment, recognized, aided or affiliated to the central or State education board, for a full-time course of a minimum of 1 year.

War-disabled Officers

Those, who have been disabled during wars, are also entitled concessionary airfare. The reduction is three-fourths of the base price on selective classes for war-disabled officers and 50 per cent for dependent parents and children.

War Widows

Widows of armed forces personnel, who lost their lives in wars, are given up to a three-fourth reduction in the basic fare on selective classes. They are required to carry a valid ID card, issued by the Defense Ministry, during check-in.

Youth

Flyers in the age group of 12-30 years are allowed to travel on reduced fares. Foreign nationals or Indian (or foreign) students, studying in India and holding an international student travel card issued by the International Student Confederation, are eligible under this scheme. The discount offered to them is 25 per cent on economy class travel. The ticket has a validity of 120 days as compared to others that are valid for 1 year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb