Taking Flights to Goa and Enjoying Unconventional Things


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa
July 28th 2016
Published: July 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Over time, Goa, the smallest state of India, has become synonymous with beachside fun and nightlife. While most people come here to sit by the sea, watch the sunset, enjoy watersports, attend New Years concerts or party at nightclubs, the state has a lot more to offer. The natural beauty of the region, the wildlife, which lives here, and the local culture has largely been unexplored. Another aspect of the state, which is often overshadowed by the vibrancy and night parties on the beaches, is its aesthetic appeal. The old part of Goa is home to magnificent Portuguese cathedrals, earning it a place in the UNESCO World Heritage Site list.

Things to Do

For a unique experience, travellers can consider trying some unconventional things here like playing with elephants. This can be done at Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, where visitors can sit on them while the animals bathe in a river and get splashed with water sprayed from their trunks. Another fun thing to do is going on a crab hunt with native Konkani fishermen. They pitch locally made nets in mud along the sea or backwaters, so it is a perfect activity for those, who do not mind getting their hands dirty. Trekking is yet another activity, which is not too popular yet, but is highly rewarding. One hike takes people from Keri Beach to Arambol Beach, while another leads them to Neuti Beach. On such ventures, trekkers scale low hills, traverse lush forests and pass numerous small streams. One of the best places to hike to in the state is Dudhsagar Falls, which swells during the rainy season.

Tourists can also rent a boat from Varca Beach and then set sail on the Arabian Sea to watch dolphins, jumping in and out of the water. Those, who are on their honeymoon, can take a leisurely cruise on the placid Mandovi River, going past small villages, with the sound of birds hitting their ears. Adventure sports like kayaking and white water rafting on the river are also gaining huge popularity among thrill seekers. Nature lovers can take a trip to Ponda Butterfly Conservatory to see various species of butterflies in every colour. To understand what lies behind all the tourist buzz, travellers can visit a traditional village to see the local way of life and gorge on authentic Goan food.

Flying to the State

Owing to the popularity of the state as a holiday destination, flights to Goa are available from a number of places in the country and outside. Visitors can fly non-stop to Dabolim Airport (GOI) from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow Chennai, Varanasi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Madurai and Srinagar. The India-based airlines, offering this service on a regular basis, are Air India, Jet Airways and Vistara. To cut down on the cost of travelling, passengers can make a booking with Air Pegasus, GoAir, IndiGo, SpiceJet, AirAsia India and TruJet. Non-stop international flights to the airport can be taken from Sharjah, Muscat, Kuwait, Dubai, Helsinki, Abu Dhabi, Moscow, Doha, Tehran, London and Manchester.

In addition to these, connecting air services can be booked from any part of the world to reach this destination. These may have one or two stops, depending upon the combination of flights chosen. Flights to Goa from around the country and world can be searched, compared and booked conveniently on online travel agencies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb