Welcome to India!!!!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
January 17th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left South Africa and had a stop over in Dubai, next stop DELI. WOW were in for a shock!!! To start with our 'pre-booked' transfer did not arrive at the airport so we had to haggle for a cab (and BTW we are now traveling with surfboards). We spent our time in chaos as there is no such thing as 'personal space'. Delhi was full of cars, rickshaws, tuc tuc and lots of cows- nothing could prepare us for this! Cows were s**ting on car doors and eating plastic bags right in front of the restaurants/cafe. The hooting was deafening something we could not get use too. The next move was to get out of Delhi as quick as possible (the next morning at 5:15am). This was not easy as we were trapped in an Indian scam which seemed to go on forever 'there are no trains running'. After 4 hours of hasseling/negociation (as I would like to call it) we finally hired a drive to take us around Rajasthan. We were so exhausted we did not care how we got there as long as we left Delhi soon (the plan worked for them as they wore us down). Bupesh our driver/lifesaver for the next week turned up in a kaki suit ready to start the 5 hour journey to Pushka. We had to make a stop first to get the tyre fixed (thank goodness because who know what would have happened to us with the way the Indians drive). I think we almost crashed about 20 times during the 5 hour drive. Eventually we arrived in Pushka. It was beautiful and quite and a lot cleaner than Delhi. Pushka is a DRY city- NO ALCHOL, NO MEAT and NO DRUGS! It was quite hot during the days and I had to walk around covered up. The street markets were lovely and very colorful and they had the best falafel maker in he world.....I did not miss neat at all. 2 day is Pushka and we were moving onto our next stop.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb