Jaipur.... You want to buy...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 20th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jaipur is known for its jewelry and textiles....basically we were not interested in either at this point in time. We started off the day at Bupesh's local restaurant. The food was amazing 3 curries, 8 rotis, 2lassi's and water = Rps 144 AMAZING (clearly local prices). Bupesh took us to see the CITY PALACE (tourist price) and it was interesting driving around the Pink City. We were then roped into going to see a textile factory shop (after we said 10x NO WE DONT WANT TO GO). After a 1hour the factory owner seemed a little peeved when we did not buy anything...oh well they should listen the first time. We saw elephants in the street and the beautiful Lake Palace. The forts were very nice and big but after you have seen a few its starts getting a bit much, we were defiantly forted out. The street food was great Aloo Tikki was my favorite. India is crazy you have no idea who is genuine and who is bulls**ting which can be very frustrating. We learnt a lot from Bupesh about the different cultures and caste's in India, which was fascinating. 2 nights is Jaipur was more than enough. Next Stop...


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb