India- April 2008


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 24th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

CowCowCow

Cow walking past our hotel at 11pm
Thursday 24th April 2008.

Thursday evening, 10.15pm. (India is about 4 and a half hours ahead of England) Temperature 30+deg.

Our aeroplane landed in Delhi, India, at 3.30am. We travelled by taxi to our hotel and arrived at 4.30am. Unfortunately our room was not available and so we had to push a few chairs together in the lounge to snatch a few hours sleep. We ate breakfast then set off in a tuck-tuck to tour the city.

We toured the city from 11.30am until 5.30pm, a total of 6 hours, and the driver only charged us 500 rupees, which is about £6. We actually gave him 700 rupees, as he had given us a wonderful, interesting journey around Dehli and shown us lots of magnificent things. We viewed several Hindu temples and Muslim mosques as well as the Ghandi Museum.
The temperature during the day was just over 40deg C. There has been a breeze blowing and so the temperature has been tolerable.

We went to a restaurant for our evening meal, it was of course, 'curry'. We ate a starter, main course and drank Coca Cola, the whole meal cost about £3. After the meal we had a tuck-tuck ride back to our hotel, it was a journey of several miles and cost the princely sum of £1.50.

The hotel, which is costing us £29 per person per night, is clean and tidy and I am delighted to report that there is no vermin running about. Sadly, as in most Indian towns and villages, there is a lot of rubbish lying outside in the street and blowing about.

The phone call I made home this evening was from a public phone box out in the street and cost just 50p for 5 minutes, a lot, lot cheaper than using a mobile.

Watch this space for a further update on our progress in India. Goodbye for now.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb