5 Indian Backpacking Destinations That Can Never Go Wrong


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh
September 14th 2016
Published: September 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

A lot of people think backpacking as a way to enjoy a destination in a cheap budget. But, we all know that backpacking is more than just a budget constraint. It is a way to enjoy a destination like a local. If you are a backpacker with adventure soul, you should never miss these five interesting Indian destinations.

Dharamsala

Dharamsala is a place known for ashram, meditation, yoga and other spiritual elements. You can find a lot of attractive Himalayan foothills here. Apart from these religious attractions and natural attractions, you can find a lot of attractive places to backpack from here. There are numerous waterfalls, lush green pastures and guest houses here. You can also stay in any of the ashrams. The best route chosen by backpackers is Dharamsala to Mc Leod Ganj. The best time to visit this place for backpacking is from September to June. Or in other terms, just skip the rainy season to avoid marshy and wet experiences.

Leh

Leh is an interesting place in Kashmir. It is the adventure capital of India. You can find a lot of adventure activities like river rafting, trekking, gliding and others here. The top three highest motorable mountain passes of the world are found in this place. If you are looking for some thrilling backpacking experience, choose this trail. You can experience a little harsh climate during winter or after sunset. There are a lot of hotels in this area and many locals will allow you to stay as a paying guest too. The best time to visit is from June to September. This is the time when you can bear the temperature and all the passes would be open for backpacking.

Parvati valley

This valley is located in Himachal Pradesh. Comparatively, it is a less known route for backpacking in India. It is a very scenic place like Manali or others. You can find many backpackers in this valley during spring season; March to July. The best route is to visit Jogini waterfalls or the hot water spring, Kheer Ganga. This valley is a complete nature filled beauty. There are a few hotels to stay for the night or, you can visit Pravati Kutir, a village in Himalayas where you can stay at many local's houses.

Jaisalmer

You would be shocked to find a desert in this list. This city of Rajasthan is an important backpacker destination that should be in every backpacker's wish list. The place is filled with a lot of forts, Havelies and others. The city is about 60km in radius and has stony terrain. As it goes without saying, amateurs might find it a little difficult. But, if you are up to the challenge, Jaisalmer is the best winter backpacking place in India. The best time to visit is between October and beginning of March. There are a lot of decent hotels to stay in Jaisalmer.

Goa

Goa is a place for everything. If you want a luxurious weekend, Goa is a good option. If you want to backpack and just enjoy the nature, Goa is again the best option. There are a lot of beaches to enjoy, night clubs to party and serene environment to backpack through. There are many affordable hotels too. The best time to visit this place for backpacking is from October to June.

Other top choices for backpacking in India are Meghalaya, Rishikesh, Pushkar, Hampi, Varkala and others.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb