A Quick Tour Guide About Palace on Wheels Train


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Ghaziabad
March 20th 2017
Published: March 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

If you are one who is planning to go on one of the best journeys with your family or friends, then this is for you. The Palace on Wheels Luxury Train in India is exactly as its name suggests. The rooms and facilities there are far better than a five star hotel in big cities. What’s even better is that you get to see great sightseeing in places that are famous world over. One best part of this journey on the luxurious Palace on Wheels ride is you get to visit one of the seven monuments of the world – the Taj Mahal.

Palace on Wheels Facilities

You get an everyday newspaper and select magazines each morning on the train ride. There is mineral water available in bottles to carry around. A personal attendant for each cabin round the clock service. They are called 'khidmatgar.' Laundry service is available and iron box to iron clothes. However the cabin attendant will help out on request. Games include Chess, Carom Board, Chinese Checker, Crossword Puzzle and Cards. There is a lounge in each saloon for guests and friends to spend time together and chit-chat and play games.

There are definitely surprise arrival kits available for you apart from the breathtaking sceneries.

Palace on Wheels Train A/C Deluxe Rooms

The colorfully designed coaches on the luxury train are named by the fourteen states of the Rajput community. The designs are regal as they display the kinds of palaces lived in by the ancient kings of India. All of the fourteen bright and glittering with an ancient touch can comfortably transport 104 passengers in luxury and élan with wall-to-wall carpeting.

There are fourteen in total with attached bathrooms and single, double and triple sharing rooms. The twin bedded rooms are fitted with the necessary and latest technologies like intercom, music, and so on. Moreover the bathrooms have an optional hot water and cold showers with running water with other amenities.

Palace on Wheels Do’s & Don’ts

In order to make your journey free of knowing what is allowed on board and not we have summarized a quick do’s and don’ts here.

- Make sure to inform the Palace on Wheels Management when in requirement of wheelchair.
- Book tickets through online. Book them at least 6 months in advance to your journey so as to avoid a last minute rush. Be in station at least a couple of days earlier so get an idea of the tour.
- There are charges for carrying still camera or video cameras. Charges vary from monument to monument. Only fee accepted in Indian Rupees.

- Permit for carrying luggage as per international luggage standards.

- For cash, ATMs may be an issue in small towns so withdraw in the city of New Delhi before the journey.

- Communication is not a problem as the crew is specially trained to speak in English so there is no communication.

- Strictly No Smoking Onboard. There are restrictions when it comes to smoking on board.

- No outside Alcohol/Liquor Onboard. Not to mention there are amazing bars with international brands and mixes available with English speaking bartenders.

- No Dress Code: You do not have to worry about any Dress Code. We recommend carrying comfortable clothing like cottons and sneakers for footwear. Remove footwear before entering place of worship like temples, etc. For temple visits make sure to cover shoulders and legs. Depending on weather conditions carry a jacket for cold and make sure to have shades on for bright and sunny weather.

- From September and April weather is between 80 °F - 90 °F. It is hottest during March – May. Coldest nights are between December and January.

Palace on Wheels Tourist Destinations

The travel circuit starts off at the capital of India, New Delhi. Here the guests received with a traditional welcome and leaded on to board the luxury train. It is always advisable to land at the place a couple of days earlier. This way you get to tour with other passengers prominent spots like the Qutub Minar, the India Gate, and the Humayun’s Tomb. Get to luncheon at a local restaurant in the capital state. The Palace on Wheels tour starts at the capital state of New Delhi, then Jaipur, Udaipur, Chitoudgarh, Jaisalmar, Chattisgarh, Udaipur, Bharathpur & Agra.

Palace on Wheels Tour Spots

This starts off your journey from the capital state to Jaipur known for its tourist spots like Amber Fort. This marks your second day on the week’s tour. You then get to tour and view places like the Jaipur Palace, the Jantar Mantar, the Jaisalmar Fort and again luncheon.

Get a view of the amazing wild life sanctuary to view tigers, hyenas, deer, and more at the famous Sawai Madhopur. On the return tour you may see the Chittoudgarh Fort famous for the battles and in Udaipur. The Udaipur Lake is one of the most scenic places to relax your soul. Take a look at the Megharnath Fort & Umaid Bhavan. The Lake Palace traditionally known as Jag Niwas and the Jag Mandir look like they are built in the middle of the Lake Picchola blue waters.

The Next day visit the Jaisalmar where there are several colorful shopping fairs at the desert place. The colors add bright look to the otherwise hot and sunny desert land.

Things to do:

Take a swayed ride atop the camels and get a bird’s eye view of the entire city from the Sam Sand Dunes.

At Bharatpur, visit the Keoladeo Ghana National Park at the Ranthambore Sanctuary to breathe in nature. The best awaits you on your final day on this week’s tour – the Taj Mahal in Agra and not to mention the Agra Fort. Finally you get back after a royal dining experience with Indian, Continental and Oriental delicacies on board.
For details and latest updates on others like passport, visa, validity time, tariff & fare and others, do fill out the online inquiry form. You can call us at +91 9810071704 or Email us at info@palaceonwheelsindia.org

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb