Interesting Facts to Know about Palace on Wheels


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Ghaziabad
July 20th 2017
Published: July 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Palace on Wheels is a luxury train that scale many important tourist destinations in the country. Every years, thousands of people visit the country for the sake of riding this luxury train. The train is famous for its seven-star hotel style service, top amenities, butler, spa, library, bar, en-suite bathrooms, royal decor and most importantly, the scenic route. Out of all the luxury trains that scale the country, the Palace on Wheels has a royal place in the hearts of the travelers. Are you planning a trip in Palace on Wheels, this year?

Here are the top interesting facts that you need to know about this train:

a) The Delhi station where the train halts and starts the tour has a separate reception area exclusively for this luxury train. You can park your vehicles right outside the reception area. Porters are available to help you carry your luggage.

b) The cars in the train are named after the former princely states of the country. Each car is a replica or recreated ones of the royal carriage used by the Governors and kings of the princely state from which each name is derived.

c) Top chefs are hired by the train to provide five course meals in different cuisines, every day.

d) It made its first trip in 1982, on India’s republic day, Jan 26th. Though the Palace on Wheels is claimed to be the oldest luxury train in the country, Fairy Queen that started its journey from Delhi to Alwar in 1855 is the oldest luxury train in the world. Guinness has recognized it as the oldest luxury train that is still in operation.

e) Initially, the train was a steam engine and later, the train was redesigned in 1991 to the current model. The train was again relaunched in 2009 with all top facilities in the Palace on Wheels train .

f) The train has received PATA gold award and is one of the top ten luxury trains in the world.

g) Palace on Wheels train was voted as the 4th best train in Asia in 2010.

h) There are 14 cabins in the train. Apart from the staffs and the manager of the train, the train can accommodate only 104 passengers during a trip.

i) Unlike other luxury trains in the country, Palace on Wheels serves only one itinerary since its inauguration.

j) Palace on Wheels has a special laundry service that is available at certain locations. Ironing service is also available.

k) Palace on Wheels has designated doctors available at each destination.

l) The train has a library that has books to suit all types of readers.

m) The train does not run from May to August. September and August are the lean months for the train.

n) The interior design of the train was made by a female Delhi based interior designer, Monica Khanna.

o) The speed of the train is intentionally kept low to enable tourists to walk around and enjoy all the amenities with ease.

No number of facts can equal one ride experience. The train runs from September to April. Book your tickets at least three months in prior to the departure date of Palace on Wheels , as the demand for the tickets is higher. Not just Palace on Wheels, there are many other luxury trains available in the country that would provide an exotic experience for all types of travelers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb