The TAJ!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
December 5th 2008
Published: December 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it to Agra the home of the world famoud Taj. We arrived in the morning so didn't go straight to the Taj as we wanted to catch it at sunrise. We went to visit the Agra fort on the first day instead which is really lovely. The building is amazing and the builder of the Taj was held prisoner there overlooking his magnificent structure! There were loads of cool wild parrots flying around too!

The next day we got to the Taj about 6.00am to face the massive queue. The pollution is very bad in agra even though vehicles can't go within about 1km of it. Not that that really helps, what with the wind!? However, they don't turn on the fountains until about 7.30 8.00ish so you get to see the view with the reflection in the ponds!! It really is an amazing sight, and something that just has to be done!! There are loads of people but if you get there early enough you can convince yourself that by taking strategic photos that you are the only ones there!!

We spent the rest of the afternoon and the next day relaxing at the hotel pool, we decided we deserved a rest until we took the train to Varanasi!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb