Udaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
December 5th 2008
Published: December 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It seems at bit of a long time since I wrote this as it was hard to find a computer in India and then we have just got back from trekking in Nepal but i'll try and remember what we did!!

Steve was sick this first day so I did the city palace alone and then again the next day. It was really quiet the day I went as it was the day before Diwali but when we went together it was packed!! The palace is really beautiful with lovely grounds on the famous lake with great views of the famous taj hotel on the lake! We also took a boat ride out to a small island called Jag Mandir for a bit of ayuverdic treatment, arrghhh!! We generally chilled out here really as we were both recovering from Indian stomachs. Udaipurs big thing is that Octopussy was filmed here so they are showing the movie every night at all the guest houses!! We watched on the roof overlooking all the sights and the many many Diwali fireworks.

We also managed to book train tickets to Agra online cutting out the need for an agent or the nightmare 'queues' at the train station! Maybe this wasn't such a blessing though as it resulted in credit card fraud!! Still at least we were gonna make it to the Taj Mahal!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb