Lots of Goodbyes and time for a change of scenery


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Madurai
February 25th 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I will officially leave my Placement on Monday 1st of March so most of the last few days I have been saying goodbye and handing out prezzies to all the wonderful kids i've met here. I don't think there are any that i will be happy to be seeing the back of but there are definitely boys i will miss more then others. At my last cricket coaching one of the boys had got me a little gift and the coach gave me a card which everyone had signed so that will be really nice to look back on. I have a had a bit of a cold recently but its starting to go now and i didn't have a temperature or anything. This weekend we're going on another trip similar to last weekend where we went to Kanya Kumari. It is the southern most tip of India, where the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean meet, so the beaches were pretty special. Varkala, the destination this weekend is a bit further round but we are definitely making the most of the beaches while we are in South India.
I cant wait to get traveling, especially to Goa our first stop, we leave late on Monday but It will total about 40 hours on a train over two days as I am returning from varkala that morning! still the sleeper trains really aren't that bad and i can normally pick up a decent nights sleep on one. The best thing is they have these giant fans plus the windows which keep evrything chilled.
Here is my itinerary of where i will be:
01/03 we leave Madurai for Goa where we will meet up with another English guy I just met.
06/03 Goa to stop over in Mumbai (just for a day so the girls can drop off their cases with friends.
07/03 Mumbai to Jaisalmer
10/03 Jaisalmer to Jodhpur We will have been quite far into Rajasthan in the north by this point so we hope to do some camel trekking in the desert
14/03 Jodhpur to Jaipur Where i hope to visit where Heidi Stayed
17/03 Jaipur to Delhi and Agra to see the Taj Mahal and also the capital city itself.
Then i fly from Delhi to Mumbai and back to London around the 23rd.

Not sure how well i will find an internet connection travelling but i'm sure i'll be able to log in somewhere.

Lots of Love,
Thinking of everyone,
Joexxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb