Day 7 - Kodai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kodai
August 7th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early as usual and enjoyed the sunrise in the front yard of our private home. The gang got up by 8:00AM and pretty much ready for the breakfast. Our caretaker had prepared Idly, Dosa, sambar and chuttney for breakfast. We also asked for some additional egg dosa and our request was acknowledged without any problem. We decided to go out and explore Kodai town.

Our first stop was Kodai boat house. Our caretakers husband was working in the boat house and it was very easy for us to decide what boats we liked. John and Nikki decided to go on a romantic boat ride while me, Heather, Dan and Becca decided on the self row boat. We took turns in rowing the boat and had lot of fun. Dan and rest of the gang gave me a good rowing lesson.

After the boat ride we had some corn cooked on the coal stove top and spiced up with lemon and chilly powder. The whole gang wanted to ride horses and decided to go to the long 1.5 hr ride to the waterfall. I had to decide at last minute to get on the horse (I was concerned about the poor horse that was about carry me). The ride was fun and we had some good time in the waterfall.

After our ride back we shopped and got tons of souvenir's friends and family. I got some toys for Ritika and Shawls for MIL, MOM and Indu. The vendors who were selling the shawls were very adamant and not ready to come down on the prices. We liked the shawls and paid for what we liked.

After shopping we decided to go out to the famous Pillar rocks and green valley view. We took tons of pictures and did some more shopping on the way back. The shop owners we happy about the purchases we made and offered us to buy tea. Heather, me and Balu decided to have tea in a small run down shop. We had the best lemon tea at the shop.

We went straight to our private home where our caretaker prepared on of the best meal of the trip. She had prepared BBQ chicken, rasam, tomato kurma and rice. The BBQ chicken was the highlight of the meal. We had dinner with some beer and whiskey and went to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0823s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb