Day 8 - Kodai to Thekkady


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Thekkady
August 8th 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Heather and Becca decided to getup early in the morning for the sunrise. They were disappointed by the clouds. We decided to get ready early to head out to next destination Thekkady. John and Dan wanted to have a break from Idly and dosa for breakfast so our caretaker prepared Poori and Aloo Masala. It was a big hit and everyone enjoyed the meal. After the meal we started our drive to Thekkady. On our way back stopped at the Silver cascade waterfalls and took some nice pictures.

We drove thru very scenic country side and went thru Kambam. It was funny to see the name changed from Kambam to "Cumbum". We had good laugh discussing about the town. We reached Thekkady around 3:00PM and went straight into Spice Village one of the nice resorts that we stayed on the trip. We were welcomed with fresh towels and Jasmine garland. We were immediately given a list of activities that were available in the resort. We decide to go for the famous massage. Me, Heather and Becca decided to go for a specific type of massage where they would pour warm oil all over your body and massage you (more of a body rub). After the massage they give you a herbal bath (I mean the guy really bathes you! - felt little weired about it).

After the rejenuvating therapy we went to the cooking class where we were showed how to cook Kerela fish curry and thoran (Poriyal in Tamil Nadu). After the cooking lessons went to the dinner and feasted on some local Kerela food. Since it was Dans birthday I talked to the restaurant manager to surprise him with a cake. The restaurant manager along with the chef's came out with a cake to wish and sing Dans birthday song. After the dinner we decided to checkout the woodhouse bar which had 100yrs old pool table. It was a huge table and we had to play billiards/snooker since they did not have the balls that we usually have here in the States.

After the pool we surprised Dan with our own cake made up of Dan' favorite Pringles and candies.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb