cool air and flower festivals


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kodai
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I am now in another hill station 2100 meters up called Kodai which is really nice, though we have managed to get here for the bussiest week of the year!!! They have a flower festival going on and all the rooms are taken in the inns. We have managed to scroung a room in the youth hostel which is really a hole, with no shower or toilet just a hole in the floor and a bucket with one tap that works for cold running water; It makes for a brisk wash in the mornings, we can get a bucket of hot water but it all the way up the hill and by the time you are carried it down more of it has tiped out or is down your leg!!! We have rats living in our roof and when the clouds come in they really do engulf us which is kinds cool. The view from our room is amazing, lots of mountains and valleys, so we just try to spend as much time outside reading and doing big walks. The town is really nice, they have an international school which is very famous and lots of chocolate shops, and lots of hills which is both good and bad. We have found this cafe/bakery on the other side of town which is amazing, you have to pre-book meals but it so worth the walk...and the family are cute as, they have a sign out-side of their home saying " Jesus loves you, and India..." i want that on a t-shirt.

We are planning on staying here one more night, as Kirsten has got a Delhi belly so we ( me and Sarah from France ) are waiting for her to feel better, before we take the 4 hour bus ride down the mountains, which can be an adventure. I only have 6 more days here in India, the time has really flown. We still need to get to Pondicherry and have some clothes made, and then star in a film in Madrass as they have a rival film studio to Mumbai...the it is off to the land of the Lankans...hope the Tiger troubles keep at bay and the surf is up...

Love you all R xoxoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb