ill in the mountains


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Thanjavur
May 29th 2007
Published: May 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We all got sick up in Kodai, all of us got the evil Delhibelly, so what was intended on being a 2 night stay ended up being 5 nights in a room which was likened to the pits of hell. It was horrible being ill and not having any running water, or toilet mould growing up the walls and rats and bats in our room to keep up company... so evn though we were not 100% we just had to leave for Madari which we made in only 4 hours, stayed at a great YMCA saw the big temple which is very over the top, lots of colour and statues of women big overly big breasts...it is dates back some 1500 years, i guess when women played a important role in society and not now where the women here are invisable and us western women are sluts.

We were blessed by an elephant, which was great and saw lots of weddings being blessed. Then we were asked to leave...Kerstin then got some crazy over night bus up to Pondicherry and i decied to extend my time here, so changed my ticket. Amazing i know, that i want to stay longer but i would like a bit more time to go up the coast, and travelling with French Sarah is really nice...so i am here 1 week longer. So Sarah and i got on a local gov bus, which was long and a really tight fit, but we made it here, even got an ok hotel and are now hiding from the 38oc mid-day sun, we will then go and see the big temple here, change hotels, and they could only offer us 1 night and then move on from here, we both have colds because of the temp difference from the western ghats to the plains...25oc difference!!!!

i am really looking forward to Pondicherry and all the clothes i am going to have made for me, new clothes oh what a luxury....

Hope all of you are well and happy and please some of you write soon.

Thanks and best wishes

Robin xoxoxoxo



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb