Cold spell around the world...it's pourring down in Chennai...time to go back home!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
January 11th 2010
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have been on the road for 2 weeks...and this morning, the weather has reminded us that it's time to head back home. I had planed a full day to visit Chennai. Over the last few weeks, I asked people around what were the highlights of Chennai. The only only replies I would get is "not much", it's a messy city.

So helped by our concierge, we managed to put a plan ahead the night before. I hadn't plan for the rainy and windy day. We ended jumping from one rickshaw to another one...till we had enough and retired to our room and a proper hot bath. I didn't imagine that a jacket and umbrella was part of a traveller kit in Chennai, and we were simply not equipped.

I did not realised before that Tamil Nadu was a place of so many missionaries and churches. You have churches all over the place, maybe even more than hindu temple. Well, at least this is the felling we had while on the road back from Puducherry to Chennai.

The rain was pouring so much in Chennai that we did not venture in too many temples...I'm not a huge fan of walking around barefoot in 5 cm of water. Not sure this is the right choice, but it keep us on the safe side. We did stop by Elliot's beach...massive one, but as anywhere in the world, a beach under the wind and rain, is not a beach to stop.

We had a wonderful weather and time the last two weeks...a dump last day, is it a sign the we are missing Leslie too much and it's time to come back home.

Over the last few weeks I've discovered places in India that I did not even knew existed few years ago. My Indian wish list is still impressive...to do...one day, the Himalayas white water rafting, Palace life in Jodhpur, and for sure some tiger safari...not for 2010...not for 2011...we have a lot planed for the coming months.

At the time I write this, we are back in Bangkok...dry season...our little paradise. We are heading north in a few days...just to feel a little of cold, but not too much (smile!)...and mid-feb break is coming very soon with more diving in a dream place....did I say a seriously romantic place?

One last time I wish all of you a wonderful 2010! On our side it should be as usual, a travelling year...with hopefully a very good news family wise in a few weeks time. We've got already a lot of airline tickets...so the planing is on.

With love from three of us, all the best wishe for 2010. And when it comes to Chennai, we saw the temples, the churches, the beaches...under the rain...not sure I will stop-over for days here in the future, but who cares, we had an amazing last two weeks in India!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb