Must Visit Places in the Graceful City of Rajkot


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 19th 2016
Published: January 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Rajkot is the much celebrated capital of the previous state of Saurashtra. Rajkot, however no more a capital, has dependably had a heavenly past and still is the most famous visitor spot because of the notable stays from the British period, and also the hospitality of the people of Rajkot. To encounter the Kathiawari hospitality and warmth of the people of Rajkot and to get a look at a spot which was so critical in the pre-Independence time, one certainly needs to visit Rajkot.



Take a look at these intriguing spots within the city of Rajkot that are till date the most attractive and most famous points for travellers. Once done exploring this quaint city, head back to its elderly cousin, Ahmedabad by a Rajkot to Ahmedabad taxi, and get a better understanding of the great Gujarati legacy that follows.



1. Watson Museum



The Watson Museum and Library remembers the work of Colonel John Watson, political specialist from 1886 to 1889. It is a cluttered loft of the accumulation with the third century engravings and a sensitive ivory work managed by a marble statue of Queen Victoria. The Watson Museum has accumulation of valuable objects of pioneer period, mankind's history and society, and History of Rajkot.



2. Race Course Grounds



Race Course is a vast ground situated in the heart of Rajkot. The spot is perfect for walks around the morning, and also at night. The fundamental attractions in this spot incorporate the Children's Traffic Park, Baal Bhavan and Fun World. Aside from this, it likewise has sports facilities like an indoor stadium, hockey ground, a cricket ground, football grounds and a volley ball ground, swimming pool, etc. and that's only the tip of the iceberg. It likewise has substantial seating plan with concrete seats installed on its fringe.



3. Jetpur



Acclaimed for its colored and square printed materials, this little town close to Junagadh will intrigue ladies and designers. Additionally called 'Mini Dubai', Jetpur houses different yarn dyeing, screen and piece printing workshops, which one can visit to watch the procedure of printing garments.



4. Rajkumar College



The world renowned Rajkumar College is situated in this very city. This college goes back to the nineteenth century and is viewed as one of India's best private universities. It was set up by the British for the education of the princes of the then Indian state.



5. Ranjit Vilas Palace



The Ranjit Vilas Palace in Wankaner says a lot about the energy that the Royals of Wankaner had for craftsmanship, architecture and design. Constructed in the year 1907 by Maharaja Amarsinghji, the castle is a blend of different building styles and stands magnificently on a hill, sitting above the wonderful town of Wankaner. It showcases delightful Gothic curves, a lofty clock tower with a Mughal arch, Franco-Italian window sheets, oriental overhangs and that's just the beginning.





So if you happen to visit Gujarat for some reason, or reside there, do take a trip through this beautiful, simple, yet classic city of Rajkot that is full of intriguing insights. Till then, have a great day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb