Great Success!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After twenty hours in the air, hours of time waiting for connections, security hassles, and the incredible stress of travelling standby, we finally made it!

Delhi is the dirtiest, busiest, most hectic city i have ever seen. We arrived just before midnight and by the time we hit the street our guesthouse was on,the streets were empty except for packs of stray dogs, cows, and homeless people having fires on the sidewalk. it definitely is a different world. We got up early in the morning full of ambition, stepped out onto the sidewalk and were instantly accosted by swarms of funny little men. One guy really wanted to show us his snakes, another insisted that we git in his rickshaw and go see the city, needless to say we were a little overwhelmed so we hopped in an autorickshaw and went to the middle of town. After so many more scam artists and beggars we decided to get the hell out of delhi to get some peace.

Long story short, we hired a car and driver who is at our command for the next two and a half weeks as we explore Rajasthan! After and incredible 50 cent potato chapati and some chai we were on our way...ten hours later we are in the middle of the desert, staying in a two hundred year old palace. For the next two weeks we will be running around the desert attending camel fairs, going on camel safaris, and seeing temples and historic cities.

After that its Agra for the Taj Mahal and then Goa for some relaxation. Hopefully we will come across a computer at some point along the way so that we can keep you guys updated.

Advertisement



21st January 2007

I sent
Hi guys I sent you an email Julian before I checked you blog. Love Dad

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb