The Pink City


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
February 25th 2020
Published: February 25th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Jaipur

So having walked about a mile along the platform, we eventually found our carriage and settled in for the 5hr.journey to Jaipur. The Pink City. The train took off exactly on time but some how we ended up being 45 minutes late arriving at Jaipur.
The first hour was mostly traveling alongside various rubbish dumps and shantytowns which was really very surreal and unbelievable that people lived in those conditions. We shared our compartment with an other couple, who where doing an organised tour....their luggage was following the train with their driver, who then met them on the station platform!!...why?!!
Anyway we are now in Jaipur for a full week and even though there’s still lots of traffic and horns blowing, it feels very different to Delhi.
Met up with Kevin and Elaine at the BnB and it’s nice to unpack fully and we have nice big rooms.
The flower show is being held at the Diggi Palace and Elaine and I went to register this morning.... it’s looking like it’s going to be a really good show.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement


JAL MahalJAL Mahal
JAL Mahal

Used for Royal Duck shooting parties.
Hawa MahalHawa Mahal
Hawa Mahal

Or Palace of Winds. 5 story high but just one room deep designed to enable the veiled ladies of the harem to watch unnoticed what was going on down on the street.


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb