Pushkar Fair: Glamping at Camp Bliss


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
November 3rd 2016
Published: November 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

When I told some of my friends I was going to be staying in tents while we were in India, they pretty much decided I needed to rethink my definition of a vacation. I tried to tell them this was different than what they thought and that Camp Bliss is a tented establishment set up in Pushkar only during fair time and they stared at me blankly. I said it the comforts of a nice hotel with the benefits of camping. I even used words such as "luxury," "posh" and "running water." They still shook their heads in disbelief.

I guess you have to see it to believe it...or better yet, you have to experience the "Bliss" which makes you forget about the "Camp."

This was not our first time camping in India at Camp Bliss, so we knew what to expect. We knew we would have a spacious tent with running water and all the amenities you need to feel comfortable. We knew we would be served mouth-watering meals that leaving you asking yourself, "why did I overeat AGAIN?" We knew the nights would cool down and the conditions would be perfect for sleeping. We also knew the service would be impeccable leaving nothing to be desired. Basically, we knew we would be spoiled.

We actually spontaneously changed our itinerary and asked to arrive at Pushkar one day earlier than we originally planned and Indian Moments (the guys who run Camp Bliss) not only said the changes were not a problem, they said we could stay in our tent before the camp even opened! Yes, we were the only people at Camp Bliss for one night! Fun.

The camp scene changed dramatically the next day at lunch when all the other campers arrived. From that day on, the camp was full. The interesting thing was those first few nights we knew all the other campers because we had either met them last time we were at Camp Bliss or we had met them earlier in the trip! We had a fun group of Brits, Aussies and Americans which made for lively meal times and late night talks in the lounge. The original group of campers checked out and new ones checked in. We made new friends and shared tips on how to best experience Pushkar.

In the end, we spent about a week at Camp Bliss and we knew it would not be enough.

It was hard to pack our bags and leave. We will miss the incredibly attentive staff, the interesting travelers, the serenity and, of course, the food!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



11th November 2016

Why . . .
. . . would you want to come back home . . . other than because you feel a responsibility to return, to assure that you add your voice to those who refuse to let the country spiral into a terrible caricature of itself? Rest up. Relax. Discover. Shop! Then come home! Amazing 'digs' you were suffering in there amongst the camels!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb