Pushkar Festival


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
November 3rd 2016
Published: November 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

On the MoveOn the MoveOn the Move

Handsome herd going out for a mid-morning grazing session.
They say you cannot return home, but I am not sure who "they" are or why there is such a rule. I guess I will not lose any sleep worrying about it.

We have arrived in Pushkar, which feels like our home in India, and we are happy to be back. We have checked in at Camp Bliss (our luxurious tented home), reunited with some of our favorite vendors who treat us like family, and walked all around the familiar fairgrounds.

Feels good to be "home!"

We have been spending our days walking among the animal herds, shopping the frenetic markets, and making daily stops at Sunset Cafe for Nutella pancakes. The weather has been a bit warmer than normal during the day, but the evenings cool down quickly and nicely for excellent sleeping.

I suppose there is always that concern when you return to your favorite jaunts they may no longer match your fond memories or that they have changed dramatically. This crossed our mind as we drove toward Pushkar. Fortunately, this time we were not disappointed. And fortunately, you can return home.

Home Sweet Home in India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

EfficientEfficient
Efficient

Maybe they could have loaded a little more on this truck?
New FriendNew Friend
New Friend

This little guy was wandering around looking for food. He seems too young to be away from his mama and in need of nourishment. We checked on him again that evening and he had found a herd.
Fellow HikersFellow Hikers
Fellow Hikers

We climbed to the top of the mountain to the Shivatri Temple--stairs and rocks straight up the mountain. Wasn't for the faint of heart, but can't complain too loudly when you see old pilgrims making the trek for prayer. These guys lived near the temple.


4th November 2016

Question and Comment
Did your luggage catch up to you? Your "India home" feelings are like my "safari home" feeling.
4th November 2016

Question and Comment
Did your luggage catch up to you? Your "India home" feelings are like my "safari home" feeling.
5th November 2016

Luggage Arrival
Good News! On the sixth day of being in India, our luggage was delivered at Camp Bliss! We are now wearing clean clothes! Broke down and bought socks and 2 shirts in market.
4th November 2016

Memories
Love the photos Vals! The overloaded truck brought back memories of the fantastic loads we saw on bicycles, trucks, carts and buses. Everywhere you turn is a photo op in India!! Nancy
4th November 2016
On the Move

Camels
I don't think they will let you take a camel home! Whats K.S. doing without their number one fan? I assume your mother is cheating twice as loud. Joe

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb