Puskar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
November 18th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Was it haze..fog..mist..smog or just pollution ?...I am not pretty sure...like changing seasons,absolute nature was also welcoming winters...days became shorter and nights were longer...but still presence of light and darkness never met...

Novemeber 2009...I thought of visiting pushkar alone. this lost town of Rajasthan always tempted me in some way or another. and thought of visiting a place that had been in your head for a long time certainly makes you excited... I had a sleepless over night journey from Gurgaon to Pushkar in a state transport bus. Windows were broken and chilly wind in midnight made me arctic... Sipping tea was the only help to keep going...I reached Pushkar very early in the morning. there are plenty of all ranges of accommodation you can get in pushkar. I preferred the nearest one from the bus station and slept straight till 10 P.M. to regain some energy after a tiring,shivering journey..

Pushkar is primarily famous for Camel Fair that generally celebrated in the month of October. its a partially deserted town and a starting point for many desert safaris to bikaner and other cities of thar desert.next morning was pleasant and it was a sunny day..I thought of visiting the holy temple of God Brahma but it was closed by the time i reached so i had a walk to the town and explored those squeezed lanes. Pushkar is heavily crowed with foreign tourists. you will get road side restaurants serving Italian,German,Mexican,Chinese. and all other variety of food but the Indian.



Read more :

http://thinkingparticle.com/blog/distinctive-pushkar


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb