Discovering Leh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
November 18th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Frustration that leads to an aspiration :

Images:

An august afternoon,a crowed city on west coast of India,four guys sick with their routine life took their lunch at the same old place and decided to get redemption from life. we packed our stuff,cameras,tripod,get a flight and reached to the Capital city of India in midnight. it was a hot night in Delhi. we hired a taxi and again started moving towards further north. Car kept running on NH 1 throughout that night. we again decided to move further without taking any stay. Car kept running and running. Next evening we were at a famous hill station of himachal pradesh...Manali... After such tiring,rigorous journey it was just impossible to move further on those high peaked mountains. we were desperate for our redemption and wanted to escape on those mountains and valleys to find sempiternity. we stayed at manali,slept will in the night in that pleasant weather. Manali is a typical couple paradise, a honny moon place,green valleys. high peaks,water falls,snow,temples,some beautiful gardens,a shopping street,This city is situated on the bank of river Vyash. a calm place but getting crowed and commercialize year to year.

we went to some temples in early morning and again we decided to move further on the same road. On paper its a National Highway that connects Leh to Manali. After few Kilometers we reached to Rohtang pass.This is one of the major attraction for tourists visiting manali. we saw glaciers and felt elevation. this is one of the most visited pass on that highway. After spending some time,we again moved further on the same open road. now there was very less number of vehicles on the road. You would just see some trucks and workers repairing road. we reached to Spiti and Lauhal valley. it was afternoon so we decided to take lunch. we enjoyed fresh paratha there. it was the one of best lunch i ever took .You can understand the real definition of silence,height,endurance,thrill. There was just nobody except the great Himalayan Range .First time in my life i feel like living in a democratic system. freedom of this place was amazing. it was like dreaming with open eyes. we moved further with our car. we got the last petrol filling station on the road and filled it completely. Now terrain became more and more lifeless and isolated.

I been to Himalayas before many times but it was totally a different landscape. As we moved further towards leh that day,we start leaving living species behind(even birds and plants).There were just glaciers like rested proudly on that magnificient surface since ages. From Manali to leh we passed many high passes(Rohtang,Baralacha,Tang Langla etc).I really love Baralacha pass because its has snowfall every damn day. you can feel height and temperature at the same time. snowy wind will freezee you at the core of heart. i have seen people falling down due to Acute mountain sickness at baralacha. I will rate it one of the most adventurous...

Read more :

http://thinkingparticle.com/blog/discovering-leh




Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb