Pushkar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
February 20th 2009
Published: February 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

WE traveled by Taxi from Jaipur to Pushkar. Less then three hours. The landscape really looks like the southwest the further west we traveled. Here in Pushkar it is dessert and mountains and the city surrounding a small lake.

Smells here are unique and at times intolerable. Foods o'k. Found a place that serves organic food. We ate their a few times and the second time I had a reaction to the Chai. Hard to find a place that serves really good food.

Imagine mixes the smells of an open sewer, a barnyard, unusual spices and fabrics with lots of different incense. When we first arrived I had a stuffy nose and Annya said whew. Now here nose is stuffy and she cannot smell very well and mine is clear. Whew.

Annya is dancing away. WE have only been here less then 5 days and she already has taken in 6 dance classes. She is feverishly writing notes and going over what she is learning. I think She also is realizing she is really good at what she does. She also is a very fast learner.

We saw a performance in the Lobby of the hotel with Dancers and Fire eaters. What a Treat.

While she dances I explore and read and write and do my Tai Chi and Qigong practices. Even found a pool table and had a chance to play with some locals. A part time rickshaw whalla was the first to play. He is a nice guy and not much of a pool player. The second guy is either the owner or manager of the restaurant the table is located at. We split a game a piece. 2 dollars for an hr use of the table.


Sunday we go on a overnight Camel Ride into the dessert.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb