Train journey and camel RIDE


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
August 21st 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

So the net day we had our first Indian night train not our first Night trains though by far. WE WERE A BIT SECluded from eeryone else- and the irrational Americans were a bit fearfull, even though all older than us but most were fine! there were bugs crawling in teh compartments though- so i had my cover over my head the whole night. We were chatting to this really nice Indian girl beneath my bunk- 3 beds to a wall, asking all about her university and general life of the young in India. Once we got off the train we arrived just outside of Pushkar, where they have the faous camel festival every year. Again another lovely place this time like a retreat and with a pool. After a quick splash and some lengths- with Ian and Mary- my swimming pool buddies- a lovely older American couple, we opped into town- which our guide Raj described a s a 'hippie town', for an exlpore and to check out the lake which had hundreds of temples around it. Soe of our group had blessings, but we didnt feel it was appropiate as it wasnt our religion. The village was full of tiny shops, and a very interesting walk buying some cashmere scarfs!
In the evening we went for a camel ride, each with their own camel, it was very funny and very bumpy, i learnt some Hindi from my driver', and we were sung to by sopme gypsies and his children- who wailed away along with him- soo funny especially when he kept having to nudge them to smile, or tell them to stop singin, but thewy endedup with some rupees each!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb