Meeting the tour group


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 20th 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello, orry or long gap of no updates, ie been finding it hard to get on the internet fr long enough. so heres a quick catch up:
So for the few days in INDIA by ourselves we also did the Indira Gandhi and M. Gandhi museums, the red fort, urm hard to rememeber wat ive already told you so im going to skip onto meeting our tour group!
so firstly we went to the wrong hotel, (correct by the information that had ben given us but the tour group had moved our reseration ithout giving proper notification) anyway after that w arrived to the actual hotel which was aaing with a lovely pool- hardy th image of iNDIA- BUT WE THOUGHT HEY, IF THIS IS WHAT THE whole trip will be like whos complaining?! ANYWAY AFTER ORDERING Our free fruit platter (each) to the room we found out that e wernt actually eeting our group til the next day as someone wasnt getting there til the late evening. So we went bak to Delhi anf the bazaars(markets) and went to our new fav restaurant called ch or bizare (also one in London) the most amazig Inian food ie eer ver had! it is all designed with old antiues collected round the world- it was lovely!
sO THE NET DAY WE MET OUR GROUp- ALL aMERicans bar one Canadian and one aUSTRALLIAN- HMMMMMMM. but on refection they all have turned out to be lovely people minus one cray girl who has an alcoholic problem and caused alot on the trip. oh well. So on that day we did paperwork et and they went and saw one site that Sarah and i had seen- but some of them didnt want go in so we had to persuade them- not good first impressions- wy wud u come all teh ay to India to sit on a Bus?! they were seeing the quit Minar (thats not the spelling but never mind i dont have my guide book with me) wich is this amazing huge columb aboyut 45metres high i think, with a whole complex of old temples/ mosques surrounding- v. impressive.

So the next day we were in Roopangar- wquite a small village. We were staying in this old palace of a Maharaja- which was typical of other palaces in India, who had to convert to hotels sop they could retain ownership (rather than the government claimin them) when Indira called the EMERGENcy in India.
Sarah and i had this huge room with beautiful hangings, we filmed it all dont worry- but you could climb up to the roof and overlook the whole town, which in fairness was only around 10km wide (again cant remember recise it was a while ago). We also went into the Roop where Sting and his family stayed- very ool- it used to be the queens room!

So we went for a walk around the village, we had a local man take us aound. All the shildren ran u aking for pens, but yopu couldnt giv just one as tyhey would ight over them and sadly we didnt have a huge pack of pens to hand out, so that was a bit annoying, but we went in a home, and chatted with all the children and families, and we also saw where colourfull ribbon was made by these rickety old machines. Ater seeing the schools and many history lessons, and many cows and goats we returned to the castle and read waiting for our meal in the evening which was being prepared outside in the court yard.....
So the meal was amazing, there were a few lights outside, but just enough so that we coud still se the stars. tThe ood was incrediable and we kept going or more, sadly it stared raining so most people scampered inside excet from Sarah, Eric(claifornian chap who loves yoga) and myself, who decided to sit under umbrellas! All fun, but we had to convince the waiters not to hold the umbrellas for us, although we really did feel like Maharajas(kings) then! OH AND THERE WAS gLUB JAMen for pudding- yum!
p.s The sleep in the castle was a bit scary and had me clutching my torch all nite in case of , well im not sure wat, but just in case!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb