The Brahma Temple: Pushkar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
December 5th 2006
Published: December 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Temple StairsTemple StairsTemple Stairs

The stairs that lead to the Temple. There is a place midway, where you would see people selling things. I couldnt explore this area.
The Main Temple is open three side with a traditional roof over the area where the deity is seen blessing the devotees. They allow photography everywhere. There is a temple of lord Shiva in the Paataal (meaning: Nether World ) here.

The surrounding village is also worth exploring. Localities here are polite and co-operating. Very simple and traditional you would see most of the road side dhabas here featuring a lady clad traditionally preparing the Chapaattis (a delicacy similar to tortilla). Food is good. Apply some common sense and be observant to avoid food poisoning though.

To conclude this post I would say keep your cameras ready when you are there.
You should visit the temple if you are:

* An artists, writers etc, to seek blessings from Godess Saraswati the consort of lord Brahma.
* Or Couples - To be blessed with children.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The Main TempleThe Main Temple
The Main Temple

The main temple, as you can see in the snaps is at a height. It sort of stands still and lets you explore it with no body disturbing you.
A Road Side Dhaabaa Where We AteA Road Side Dhaabaa Where We Ate
A Road Side Dhaabaa Where We Ate

You can see a lady preparing chapaatis in the back.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb