Still Rajasthan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Kumbalgarh
October 1st 2017
Published: October 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Shortish drive to Kumbalgarh (could this be related to the song. ..must find out) but the road equally as bad as the previous one . The villages we passes through all seemed to have a central pump for water and I bet there were not too many toilets around When Modi took over 3 yrs ago 38% had toilets and that is now 68% still leaving 3 or 400 million without. We have several times seeing people do no. 2''s on he side of the road.
We arrive at Kumbalgarh and have a nice vegetarian lunch on way in. Our hotel is The Aodhi and superlative would be the description. We have a beautiful room with a big deck overlooking the pool. As we are still a bit ahead of the tourist season we seem to be the only ones there until a couple of European gay guys arrive.
At 4 we are picked up by Raj and taken to fort/ palace where we meet our guide. This is a walled site with the wall said to second only to great Wall of China in length.. 34km's long. A big climb up which is good for us and through the main gate with elephant spikes so they couldn't barge it open. The usual steep stairs and low doorways so enemies would have trouble. This fort was completely built in the 15th century and was really something. Also had a palace inside. If the area was attacked 15000 people would take shelter inside from surrounding countryside. After this and the Jodhpur Fort we don't really need to see any more. The guide was great and we tipped him 500 R.
The Aodhi was actually the Kings Hunting Lodge and is really one if the nicest rooms we have had.. also the mountain aspect grounds etc were beautiful . We could have a day or 2 more here to relax around the beautiful pool but next day 27/9 we are off to The city of palaces and lakes, Udaipur where we have 2 nights.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb