Infrastructure Issues


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
March 12th 2005
Published: March 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone. The main reason we have not posted more to the blog is because getting to it has been much more difficult than anticipated. Here in Jhansi we have had the most reliable connection, but still it is slow, and is served by a UPS which keeps flicking on and off with the power supply to the house. After checking business emails etc. there has not been much time for blogging. I think youll have to wait for the full details after we come back. I have been keeping detailed notes on my laptop so I dont forget anything.

Some highlights of recent exciting activity:
- Sarat and I drove yesterday! He weaved successfully through a herd of buffalo in a town. I got stuck behind a bus and then passed it, avoiding scooters and bicycles. Its like a video game but for real. Shifting with the left hand is weird, kind of like flying from the right seat and using the controls with my left hand. Good practice!
- Weve decided that the root of India's problems is their incessant use of high beams at night. More on that later.
- Visited the "adult education" temples yesterday. (hee hee) Very interesting to see how detailed they were (ahem) but seriously, how well preserved that history was - wars, art, leisure activity of the time

Better get going now, time to help cook breakfast. Going shopping today.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb