Departure to Delhi via Toronto


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
December 26th 2005
Published: December 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post


The new backpack was not appropriate; sandles, sleeping bag and fleecy jacket all hanging on to the outside....so .....back to my Jack Wolfskin designed for a woman's figure ... it fits very well, it is comfortable and everything fits inside with room to spare. All the stuff weighs 14.5 kilos and the day pack comes in at 3k.

Fridge defrosted, garbage wrapped up, electrical heaters cleared of obstructive objects , thermostat set at 10 degrees celcius, keys to the neighbours, hot water tank shut down, and every electric plug pulled. Only the freezer and the heating will guzzle power for the next two months. The Hydro bill will determine wether or not I embark on a trip this time of year again!

The drive to Toronto should take 4.5 to 5 hours. All depends on the weather conditions on Highway 69 from Parry Sound to Barrie. It is always a chancy thing since this area is smack in the middle of the snow belt and experiences winds off Lake Huron and Georgian Bay.

OK! I am OFF! Yup Dee Doo ..... When I sit on the plane all will become real!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb