The last few weeks in Indian and the first few days in Australia


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
March 24th 2008
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello,
We havent written on this thing in ages because we have either been lazy or really busy neither one im sure about.
After Rajastan with the driver from hell. We visited Agra and yes the Taj was just as amazing as everyone makes out.
We then headed back to Delhi and got a bus to Rishikesh that is if you can call it a bus it is probably better to describe it as a big rust bucket.
In Rishikesh we like to think that we found ourselfs haha! Did yoga most days and met an amazing woman who taught us lots of spiritual stuff. One day me (Georgie Porgie) and Ams thought it would be a good idea to take a brisk walk to the water falls. Big mistake as it was alot steeper then expected we both nearly passed out and both agreed we must have become really unfit despite all the yoga haha.
From Rishikesh we headed to Mcleod Gange. Absolutely amazing place home of the exciled Tibetan government. We timed it excellently due to the recent uprising in Tibet so we witnessed loads of amazing protests.
we then headed back to Delhi for some last minute shopping which was absolute heaven as we discovered that we could buy topshop belts and cool dresses for literally a pound.
we then met up with Gin and Skinbags Jocelyns friends from uni in Mumbai and tasted wine for the first time in 2 months. None of us could handle it and we ended up in a posh club with the clothes we had worn on the plane no makeup looking like absolute skanks! Everyone in the club was from bloody Loughborough of all places. And i had great satisfaction (at the time) in telling them that my mother had probably given them an Sti test!!!!! What a treat!
Next day we caught the plane to Australia where we are now. absolutely loving Sydney. WE met up with Mr and Mrs Quinn the first night who paid for a rather posh hotel which we only spent two hours in due to the excitement of alcohol haha its been a while.
I met up with Jo from my gap year which was absolutely amazing and she took me on a yacht round the harbour. So i like to think ive seen in style.
Its now 8 in the morning and im waiting for lucy morgan to arrive the others got too drunk last night so there is no waking them. Dearuy me. Hope is all good and keep in touch it really is great to hear from you all.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb