From Udaiper to Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sooo, after a couple of nights in Udaiper which was nice, we finally made our way to bombay (mumbai) then to Goa!

As some of you know we had to travelby train, 8 hours hours on the sleeper train and then we had to change and had another 18 hours on the train to Mumbai.

We met a couple of guys in Mumbai (one from aus and another from holland) so we decided to share a cabin with them, which was great as we havnt seen anyyyy other travellers our age for the whole trip!! The sleeper was ok, bit uncomfotable and we couldnt really sleep as it was so bumpy!!

When we arrived at our change over stop, the station was absolutely disgusting, spelt terrible and was so overcrowded. We left Jack ( the guy from aus who was making his way elsewhere) and we got the next train to Mumbai with the guy from holland. (he was great, carried our bags ( - 😊

The train was nothing more/ less than a living hell.... about a hundred people crammed into our carriage. Soooo noisy, smelly, hot depsite the 'Air conditioning'. Was a really awful experience (toilets were TERRIBLE!!) and one we will never ever do again! Pippy suddenly turned ill, and so I had to get her to a hospital in the middle of Mumbai, after about an hours sleep and no food/ water for atleast 12 hours.

We arrived a
We asked for a different doctor who was trained in England and he gave her some pain killers/ drip and also sent us to an ultrasound clinic to see what the problem was.

We had to get a taxi to the ultrasound clinic, by this time pippy could barely walk and I couldnt believe that the doctors insisted on moving her.

Anywayyy, the ultrasound was fine and sje had a blood test which was also clear. She stayed over night for observation and was released (yesterday). With several hundred tablets!!

We got to mumbai airport eventuallllyyyy,and I have to say it was a breath of fresh air, really new/ clean and cool, exactly what we needed.

We got on our flight to Goa, which took about 45 mins, and got straight into an a/c taxi and headed to our resort. Goa is beautiful, its hard to believe we are in the same country!! Palm trees everywhere, really clean/ green!!

Our resort is amazing, like 5 star luxury! Lovely pool, our room is great and the food is fantastic.

Arriving at the resort Pippy still felt ill, and the pain in her back/ stomach had come back so we had to take yet another trip to a doctor.... He was great, gave pippy another injection and some better medication to stop her feeling so sick and also gave her a diet plan, who he told us both to follow. Pippy seems to have some kind of infection, so shes on antibiotics which should clear it all in a couple of days!!

We are both reacting strangely to the malaria tablets, and so the doctor said we only need to take two at the start of each week! ( - : so hopefully no more wierd nightmares!!

We got back to hotel and had dinner, fresh fish and vegetables, which was delicious. Really nice to have some 'proper' food!

The last few days have been the hardest and I honestly felt/ still feel like giving up and heading home, hopefully things will get better as we can settle here for 8 days and then make our way to Singapore which is clean and fairly normal!!

Love to everyone xxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb