Jaipur for 2 nights!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 26th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I know I only updated this yesterday but I thought I would make the most of the almost decent computer we have in our minus 10 star hotel!!

We have just had the best day ever... we had a lie in and got up at 8am just about handled the awful bathfroom, and had the usual toast with bright pink jam!

We headed to Jaipur fort where we got to ride on huge Indian elephants which we both said was the highlight of the trip so far ( - :

The fort was amazing, really peaceful just like the rest of Jaipur and a lot nicer than Agra and Delhi, its really friendly and a lot cleaner!
The fort is situated quite high up nd looks over the whole of Jaipur, so the views were fantastic! Jaipur is really green compared to the rest of India that we have visited so far.

After the fort we went to the City Palace and this again was beautiful, really ornate tample buildings and locals were putting up flowers for the wedding later that day.
We went to a fannnntastic restaurant for lunch, pippy had apple pie for pudding and I had chocolate cake which was so good.

We went to the bazaars after the palace and bought bangles for 1 pound and a wall hanging.
long the same street as the bazaar was also the food market selling 'fresh chicken' which is literally fresh, so we saw their head being chopped off which as you can imagine was lovellly! We both said we really have seen it all now!

We have met a lovely german lady who has flown back to england now but has been to India twice and so gave us lots of useful tips about transport, tipping etc!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are heading to Poshkar and are going camel trekking which we are so looking forward too. We have seen hundreds of camel/ elephants/ various other animals, and ant wait to go trekking on the huuuuge camels!! We are also going to see the great river and the white temples which are supposed to be beautiful.

We are both a lot more settled now that we have been here a few days and are really getting into the swing of things and loving it!

After Poshkar we are making our way to Bombay, and then we have got the dreaded 20 hour sleeper coach journey right down to Goa for a bit of TLC!! We coukld only get 2nd class and have been told its a bit ropey so will let you all know how we get on....

Weather is fantastic, just perfect..not too hot! cant believe how quickly this is going

Love to you all!

xxxxxxx

Mum... I have tried to get to a phone but the there are NO pay phones, and the only way I could ring is if I q for a couple of hours outside a tiny shop with the rest of India! Will try and call as soon as I can. xxxx
Also... for Sinapore we need to be near to the train station/ as we are getting the train to penang etc.... apparently the airport is quite far out so somewhere with a free airport pick up would be great! xxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb