First 2 days (Dehli)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 23rd 2008
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!
The keyboard is a bit dodgy so pleas excuse the typing errors!! firstly, the flight was awesome.... we had a choice on the menu and loads of free drink wahoooo

We have just completed our first 2 full days in DElhi and it has been very interesting / SCARY!!
After being picked up from Delhi airport we set off in a surprisingly nice taxi to the hotel! The streets outside of the airport are exactly like images shown on tv... Very busy, VERYYYY noisy and crowded. There are literally people/cows/rickshaws (spelling!!??).

You reach the hotel down a typical delhi street, small stalls, outdoor barbers and foodstalls lining the very narrow road. We were surprised at how nice our hotel was, as in the taxi on the way to our hotel there wee many motels/ hostels that were either called 'grand palace' or Royal palace" which were obviously not so royal!

The only downside to hotel is the bathroom.... I wear flipflops in the shower so please use ur imagination about how clean it is!!!

Our first afternoon/ evening in Delhi we spent organising our tours.... So we have booked a car/ guides / accomodation/ flights and will be going to lots of areas of India! (Agra, Jaipur, Bombay, somewhere that I can hardly pronounce leT alone spell haha, and finally Goa, from which we will fly back to DElhi to catch our flight to Singapore). Tonight we ate at the hotel, which is on the roof top, such great views but really noisy from all the cars/ bikes rickshaws!! Food was great

Today we got up at 7am to have breakfast whcih was either another bloody curry or toast with florecent pink jam!!! ( - : yummm!Our guide took us to lots of different temples... the highlight being a Hummandys (spelling!!??) tomb, which is the twin tomb of the Taj Mahal, and was amazing!! WE visited a hindu temple and had a red bindi put on our heads, really beautiful temple!

We visited the museum of the famous female president of India who was killed by her bodyguard. We also went to the Prime ministers house, where we had our first encounter with a snake charmer...and not our last ) - : they are literally evrywhere you go, cobras which our guide said if you are in pain "you let snake bite and pain will be gone'......because it will kill you!

After all this we had lunch in a rather nice resteraunt- about 3.00 a meal incl. drinks... brilliant!

Our guide then took us to OLd Delhi which is the poorest place I have ever seen, the poverty is extreme! We got on a rickshaw, whcih was scary/ fun, we were lauhging so much... and our driver was really funny!
The rickshaw guy took us to a huge muslim temple whivh to be honest we wish we had missed out, there were beggers everywhere, linig the steps to the temple, and we felt really uneasy especially as we were warned about pick pockets!
The temple was interesting but not as ornate as the others we had seen throughout the day! We left the temple and stopped at a small stall to have a look, turned around and saw a dying man on the steps was by far the most horiffic thing I have ever ever seen and it really shocked Pippy and I. We decided we were tired/ shocked and got the taxi driver to take us back to the hotel. I reallllyyyy dont ever want to see something like that again!

Tomorrow we are going to Agra with another tour guide and will stay for 1 night to see the taj mahal in different lights as apparently its at its best around 5am, lovely!!

Anywyyyy, love to everyone! I will add pics when I am at a better comp... this one is shocking!!!

Chloë xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

also..... Mum.... my phone wont let me ring ppl so please ring me, thank uuuuuuuu xxx p.s getting realllllllllllly sick of curry, and ive only been here 3 days / - :



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb