Bombay - Mumbai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
October 11th 2004
Published: October 11th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Gate of IndiaGate of IndiaGate of India

The last british troops left through this gate.
Hi All,

Just a quick one to say not much to see or do in Bombay, we should have stayed in Nepal a touch longer.

Our inner peace and calm took all of a hour in the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel to disappear. The traffic is so much worse that anything we have encountered so far and the poverty is much worse than in Delhi.

Shabana is having a tough time dealing with the beggers that appear at each traffic light and we are thinking about buying some fruit rather than giving nothing or money.

Well we have a 12 hour train ride to Goa on Wednesday morning so if you think of us on Wednesday at all, chances are we are going to be seating on fairly hard seats staring out of the train window.

No pictures of Bombay really interesting enough to put up but maybe try and get some of the Dhabbawallas that deliver freshly cooked lunches that wives and mothers send to the middle class office workers. Apparently they can deliver over 6 million lunches with only 1 going astray.

Anyway see you all soon



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Nehru Science CentreNehru Science Centre
Nehru Science Centre

A giant corncob made out of concrete.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb