Bye bye India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 27th 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're now, back in Bangkok. It's a different world. It's really great to come back here.

We left Hampi and took a bus to Mysore, which is famous for its Maharaja Palacae. It's so huge and impressive, it's incredible how fancy it is (a complete contradiction to the rest).

We just spend the night and following day, before heading to Kochin, which means back to the coast for us. There's this Synagouge from the 16th century, which is well preserved and was very interesting to see and talk to this guy, whom his family came to India 400 years ago. We spent a couple of days there, before heading further south.

First was Kollam, where we took a "backwater" trip (which means, crusing around in this long tale boat around the canals further away from the coast). There we could get a glimpse of the life os there people and their making and productions. It was interesting, especially how they use the coconuts for so many different things, generating money from every phase of the production. This was a few hours and we decided to move on.

We went to Trivandrum, where we bought our flights and there's nothing else to see there and then to Varkala Beach, which is nice, but a bit crowded.

Then we went to Kanyakumari (Cape Commoron), which sits on the tip south end of this huge piece of land. Where you can get from the same spot a sunset and sunrise from 2 different seas. It's the Indian Ocean from the south, the Arabian Sea from the west and the Bengal Sea from the east. It was really nice and it sets a good landmark.

It used to be as well a special point for Gandi and his ashes where spread at this point. There are many pilgrims going there.

Then we took a night train to Pondicherry, which is on east coast and used to be a base for the French. The architecture therefore is very nice, though the food remains Indian and less tasteful for our tummies (it's hard to take this food for too long).

After a night (we were really running around- to see what we wanted and get out), we continued now notrth to Mamallapurm. again on the coast, though the beach is nothing special. We spent there our last in India, before taking the bus to Chennai, where we had our flight to Bangkok from.

The bus gave us our last memory of this country, as we were in a normal bus (India standart, of course, otherwise not normal at all) and we were stuffed there (no joke) at some point 200 people. It was out of this world crazy and body parts were everywhere you can imagine. India is quite funny this way- they have seperate lines for men and women, but then they are closer than couples on one another and have no problem with it, bath side by side, etc. but people make choices, right?!?!??!

So now we're in Bangkok and should be heading down to the islands, as there's nothing compared to the Thai beaches and atmosphere. We had already the street Pad Thai and this already makes a lot. So we should be down south for some time, before going up north and Laos.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb