Back to the islands


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Jam
March 9th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We went for a week to Ko Jum, it's a small island that's still not touristic. The water there was crystal clear and was motionless, as a swimming pool. We could swim really far and was nothing around. Was really really nice. And we spent our time swimming, reading and lying in the hammock and not much more (as this can fill a day quite easy). It was really relaxing until the sandflies found us..... We got bitten quite a lot and it was sooo itchy. So we decided to go back to civilization or what we call civilization since 6 months (Bangkok).

The island itself was so calm and electricity was only through generator for 4-5 hours in the evening. We went down to the village every day and saw a bit of the life there and got ourselves equipped with drinks, as it was soooooo hot.

One day we took a kayak, which was not in such good shape and we struggled it, to get to our destination, a small island away from Ko Jum. It was really quiet, even more than the "main land", we were swimming and collected shells and was great, till we needed to struggle our way back.........

Now we are back in Bangkok with all these shells in our luggage to continue our way up north. Luckily we keep storage here, so it's not too bad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb