Deluxe Class


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 30th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we bought tickets for a deluxe class bus to take us to Pushkar. On the way to the bus station we were nearly gonna's with the resident rabied dogs nearly taking a bite out of me and then chasing Michelle down the street - not nice!!
To top things off i woke up with a cold - i thought you could only get colds in cold countries!! So had to make a dash to the chemist and stock up on vitamin c tablets!!

Anyway, the bus to Pushkar - don't let the deluxe part fool you, by no means was it a national express or indeed a west midlands travel double decker - but it was actually ok - bet you never expected me to say that!!
However it was a very hairy drive - there we were thinking dad was a bad driver - hes not a patch on the maniacs round here!!!
The driver had a death wish and for the whole 4 hour journey removed his hand from the horn once, i think to pick his nose!! He overtook everyone in sight, even on single carriage road and thought nothing of driving into oncoming traffic!! And turning the corners - half the bus was agasint the window, whilst the other half were in the aisle, he decided to take corners with 2 wheels as opposed to 4!! Nice touch!

Pushkar being a city in the hills, also made the journey infinetley more interesting!! The narrow roads up in the hills! Looking out the window you were staring directly at the rock face, i'm amazed the bus fit through the roads let alone 2 lanes of traffice! Though at corners we had to wait for all oncoming traffice to go past, as the bus had to take up the whole road to take then bends!!
And the cherry on top of the already iced bus journey cake, was the bumpy indian roads!! We were the back seat riders on the bus and boy did you know about it when we went over a bump - it literally threw us out of our seats and 3 foot into the air - who needs a trip to Alton Towers, when the Indian bus services are death defying rides!!

We do arrive in Pushkar in once piece however, so we should thank our lucky stars i suppose!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb