The Blue City!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 29th 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well unfortunatly it was our time to leave Jaislamer. I will definatly miss it. We bought a bus ticket from our hotel and im pretty sure they ripped us off. We paid $5 to be on a local bus that everyone else paid about 50 cents for. We were told it was a deluxe bus and it was far from it! It was so disgustingly dirty and it was packed to the roof with people. Usually the bus stops every couple hours for a washroom break but not this one. We asked how long it was stopped for and the driver said 15 minutes so i decided to go to the washroom. As i come out the bus is slowly pulling away after maybe 2 minutes. Everyone is pushing to get on and off the bus and about 5 of us are running after it to get on. So frustrating!

We finally arrived in Jodhpur 7 hours later. We were going to stay in a Haveli in Jodhpur but we decided to stay in a nice family guesthouse instead. When we arrived there we were greeted by the family and sat down with some other travellers for tea. Our room seemed to have some problems such as no water and the cable wasn't working on the TV. The father of the home was running around for about an hour trying to fix everything. He was so nice and helpful for everything we needed. Staying at this hotel felt just like home. We had our bedroom and then dining room and home cooked meals. It felt very comfortable after eating out for the last 4 months in restaurants it felt just like eating at home.

We decided to only stay for 2 ngihts in Jodhpur because it wasn't that exciting of a place and wasnt the greatest atmosphere and we were really looking forward to getting to Udaipur. During our day in Jodhpur we first were trying to buy some train tickets for a week away. They told us it was sold out until Feb.14 and there was no possible way of getting on the train. It was the most frustrating process because nobody cared to talk to the tourists or help us. This was the first time in a month we have experienced this rudeness from the Indian people. We were so annoyed and frustrated by the end..but i guess that is how travel is in India ...difficult. Luckily this is the first time we have really experienced this ..apparently it happens alot to people.

So after having no luck with booking our tickets we went back to our hotel to see if they could help at all. They had a friend that said he could do it for us. We were relieved...untill we found out he was going to overcharge us 20$..$20 is a huge amount of money out here. There was nothing we could do about it because we really needed these tickets. Oh well at least we got them. Now we just have to hope they are real ticket and not copied or fake!

After all the hassle of the train tickets we headed up to explore yet another fort. Through out our trip we have seen so many temples they are so boring to see now. Forts are still pretty interesting to me becuase every single one of them is so different. At the Jodhpur fort you get an audio set and all over the fort you can listen to information about the different sections. It makes it alot more interesting to know what all the different areas were used for and about the history.

Other than the fort Jodhpur wasnt a very exciting city so theres not many interesting pictures. It was more of a stopover point to break up long travel. Will update more from Udaiper soon!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



9th February 2007

fire buckets
Can you imagine... ung those buckets with a real fire? I dont think there is any hope......... Come on home where ya know there are real fire boys.... :P

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb