Jaisalmer


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
March 17th 2009
Published: March 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After our time in Jaipur we headed to the desert city of Jaisalmer. Immediately after leaving the train we definitely felt like we were in the desert. We got to our hotel, grabbed some food and setup our camel trek, which we would take the next morning.

We woke up at 5 to catch our ride out to the desert where we would meet our guide and our camels. We enjoyed a nice breakfast cooked by campfire and headed on our way. We rode all day, taking breaks here and there, stopping in at some villages, to meet some people and take some photos. After a long day of riding we finally reached our destination in the sand dunes for sunset, and to sleep under the stars. Sarah unfortunately got heat stroke from being in the desert all day, but she was in good spirits and we were able to see a shooting st. We were supposed to go another day, bar in a sky full of stars. But because of the heat, and Sarah being sick we decided to head back in the morning.

The next day we visited the Jaisalmer fort which looks like a giant sand castle. The amount of history in this town and country is quite amazing, and we were even treated to a dog eating a pigeon.
Our last day we decided to take it easy and we found a hotel which had a pool, so we decided to spend the day there. We really enjoyed our time in Jaisalmer, and the place we stayed at had some great people running it, and we had some great laughs together.

Jaisalmer was our last stop on our trip so we are heading to Delhi, and then we are on our way back home!

I hope everyone enjoyed reading about our travels as much as we enjoyed writing them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb