Two days in Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
August 13th 2014
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 26.8711, 75.8351

After a 1 hour drive from Agra we arrived at Fatepur Sikri for our first tour of the day. We toured the fort and mosque. It was interesting and well preserved. We wore little plastic beanies when we went into the beautiful white marble mosque. We then wandered through the local shops and streets. That is always quite an eye opener! We enjoyed a local Thali meal on a roof top terrace over looking the town. We could see locals cooking and doing laundry on their roof tops. We love watching the everyday street life. There are always cows, bulls, dogs, donkeys, horses and camels wandering free thru the streets.
Every where we wander when entering local sites we are swarmed by hawkers. We are getting very good at ignoring them. They are not as bad as what we experienced in Egypt.
Another 4 hours drive took us to Jaipur. Once arriving in Jaipur we got changed to go to a Bollywood theatre. The theatre itself was quite a spectacle. We absolutely loved the experience but could not figure out what the story line really was about. It was full of action and car chases, singing and dancing. Throughout the film there was some English mixed in with lots of Hindi. Just being in the atmosphere of the theatre was an experience of its own. Leaving the theatre after 2 1/2 hours we experienced our own thrilling ride home on a tuk tuk! It was like being on bumper cars.
We ate a late dinner and then headed to bed exhausted!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



22nd August 2014

Jim. You could at least look like you are enjoying it!

Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb