Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
August 14th 2014
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 26.8515, 75.814

We had a later start today. After breakfast we headed out of the city of Jaipur. As we drove along the road we saw peacocks, monkeys and elephants. Our first view of Amber Fort was from across a lovely lake. The fort is perched high up on a hilltop surrounded by a large stone wall that goes on for miles. We could see elephants carrying people on there backs up the winding road to the palace. We did not experience this as we had heard that the elephants are treated poorly by their owners. So, we enjoyed a wild jeep ride along narrow cobble stone streets dodging camels and elephants along the way, quite thrilling.
The fort was built in 1592 by a Maharajah and it is a superb example of Rajput architecture. It had terraces, gardens and beautiful ornate rooms. The view from the fort looked down over a quaint little village. From here we drove to view a palace situated in a lake. We were then entertained by a little street girl who came on our bus to do some lovely and creative magic for us. It was fun to watch and she was a beautiful girl. We then visited an Astronomical Observation Park before heading back to our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb